Experience VQA Wines of Ontario at a private trade and media tasting. Admission is complimentary by invitation and registration only. RSVP your spot.
Taste and Describe with Confidence
The WSET Level 3 Award in Wines is an advanced-level course is for industry professionals as well as dedicated enthusiasts who want to develop a broader and deeper understanding of wine.
You’ll have a thorough understanding of grape growing and wine making and the factors that account for the style, quality and price of the principal still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world. You’ll learn how to use your tasting notes to make objective conclusions on a wine’s style, quality and readiness for drinking.
This 40-hour course provides in-depth and detailed understanding of how human and natural factors in vineyard and winery affect wine style, quality and price. It further develops systematic tasting and description skills. Expect to spend 50 hours of preparation and review outside of the classroom.
- Grape varieties, wines and wine-growing regions in detail
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling
- How these key factors influence the key characteristics of the principal still wines, sparkling wines and fortified wines of the world
- How to apply your understanding to explain wine style and quality
- How to make appropriate wine recommendations
- How to taste wines, describe their characteristics and evaluate their quality, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT)
WSET Level 3 Award in Wines – condensed
Date: Saturdays, April 15th – June 3rd at 10:30am – 4pm
Become a French Wine Scholar
Sign up for the French Wine Scholar course by March 22nd with the coupon code fws0323 to save $150 at checkout. Limited quantities available.
The French Wine Scholar is an in-depth specialist certification focused on the diverse wines and wine regions of France. It is designed by the Wine Scholar Guild to provide current, accurate information on all of the wine regions of France and validate proficiency in the wines and wine regions of France.
This 20-hour course provides detailed coverage of French AOC wines, as well as an introduction to French history, geography, viticulture and winemaking.
This globally recognized course includes a brand new textbook that was co-authored by Nancy Reynolds DipWSET. Nancy is IWEG’s lead Wine Scholar Guild instructor and will be teaching some of the French Wine Scholar classes.
- Develop specialist knowledge of the AOC wines of Alsace, Champagne, Jura, Savoie, Burgundy, Loire, Bordeaux, Rhône, Languedoc, Roussillon, Southwest France, Provence and Corsica
- Appreciate the cultural context of French wine
- Consider the vineyard and winery factors that contribute to wine styles
- Taste a range of French wines
The course is taught by authorized Wine Scholar Guild instructors Nancy Reynolds DipWSET, Caitlin Ferguson DipWSET and Danielle Chandler.
French Wine Scholar
Date: Thursdays, March 23rd – May 18th at 6:30pm – 8:30pm
WSET Alumni Virtual Speed Networking
Connect with WSET Level 4 Diploma graduates from around the globe to build your network!
In this free virtual networking event, you will be matched with other alumni for a series of 3 minute conversations- WSET will be sharing some ice-breaker questions to help you get started!
What can you expect?
- When you join the session you will be connected via a video call with another graduate.
- You will have 3 minutes to introduce yourself. If you want to keep talking you can extend the time.
- The platform will continue to connect you with other alumni in the session.
Choose a time slot and click on the link below to book your free place:
Thursday, March 2nd, 2023
Session 1: 9.30am GMT | 5.30pm HKT | 8.30pm AEDT
Session 2: 5pm GMT | 9am PST | 12pm EST
Attendees must hold the WSET Diploma; WSET reserves the right to cancel tickets booked for non-diploma holders.
Sales Representative for Stem Wine Group – Toronto and surrounding areas
The Sales Representative is responsible for selling Stem Wine Group’s excellent selection of wines, spirts and beers to new and existing customers. The incumbent will inherit an existing portfolio and grow our sales presence in the Toronto and surrounding areas. This person will be responsible for maintaining alignment with overall company strategy and business objectives. The ideal candidate will possess outstanding customer service, sales, problem solving, organizational, relationship and communication skills.
This position will report to the Owner and General Manager but work closely with all members of the team.
This role is fulltime with a commission-based salary.