Complaints policy for WSET qualifications
Each of our students at the Independent Wine Education Guild (IWEG) is important to us and we believe you have the right to fair, swift and courteous service.
We assist students in resolving issues regarding registering for courses or non–exam related concerns and promote a positive experience.
The school operates a complaints procedure for Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) qualifications. Once we are in receipt of your formal complaint, we will deal with it promptly, effectively and in a positive manner. IWEG will do its best to resolve formal student complaints relating to WSET academic and non-academic issues within 20 working days or less.
On occasion, the process may take longer, especially if the complaint advances to senior managers of the school.
Records of students’ complaints will be retained for three years. No student will be treated unfairly, criticized or retaliated against for using this procedure in a cooperative manner.
If you have a complaint or concern that you wish to raise, please contact IWEG’s student services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your complaint should be submitted in writing to the Student Services Manager by:
Email: email@example.com (adding ref: complaint)
Student Services Manager
Independent Wine Education Guild
211 Yonge Street, Suite 501
Toronto, Ontario M5B 1M4
We are committed to dealing with your complaint without any discrimination or prejudice. Your complaint will be confidential.
- Please provide us with your contact details (address, email address and telephone number), specific details of the complaint and any supporting evidence you may have or details of any previous attempts you have made to resolve your complaint.
- Your complaint will be dealt with by IWEG’s Student Services Manager. We will acknowledge your complaint within three working days and endeavour to send a final response to you within 20 working days of the date you raised it with us. If we are unable to provide you with a final response within this time frame, we will send you an update explaining why and advise as to when you can expect a final response.
- If more than six weeks from the date of your complaint has passed and you haven’t received a final response from us, or you are still dissatisfied with the response you have received (at any stage of the process), your complaint will be referred to IWEG’s Education Director who will respond within five to seven business days.
- If the response you received from IWEG’s Education Director is still not satisfactory, then your complaint will be referred to IWEG’s Executive Director, who will review the matter with IWEG’s Board of Directors and respond within seven to 10 business days.
- If the response you received from IWEG’s Executive Director is still not satisfactory and you have exhausted all possibilities with IWEG, you may file a complaint with WSET’s quality assurance team about IWEG on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are still dissatisfied with the response you have received from WSET’s quality assurance team, you can write and forward your complaint to:
Ministry of Labour, Training, and Skills Development
438 University Avenue, 5th Floor
Toronto, Ontario, M7A 2A5
Telephone: 416-325-2929 or Toll-Free: 1-800-387-5514