Looking to post a career opportunity at your company? Email email@example.com.
Marketing and Administrative Coordinator at California Wines Canada
Job Type: Full Time Contract Position 1 Year with annual renewal
Start Date: September 1, 2022
Location: Toronto, ON (work from home with occasional need to meet/attend events)
Industry: Wine/Events/Administration/Office Management
Reports To: Canadian Director, California Wines Canada
Experience: Minimum 2 year’s marketing, digital/social media and administrative experience
Join a small but dynamic team that celebrates all that is the “Golden State of Wine”. California Wines Canada is seeking a dynamic, highly organized, self-motivated individual that can manage to keep numerous projects and activities with member wineries on track and on time. We are seeking someone who is highly skilled at the art of follow-up and follow through, in a relationship building manner.
On the marketing side of the role this person will be adept at managing social media editorial calendars and digital campaigns in line with our overall brand strategy. This person will thrive on the event planning and execution details that contribute to a successful experience for our guests and member wineries from both large scale and smaller gatherings.
California Wines Canada is responsible for increasing brand awareness, affinity and ultimately the sale of export member California Wines in Canada. The marketing and administrative
coordinator assists the team by facilitating winery member and agent participation across promotional activities and events. Promotional activities include trade and consumer shows, major wine events, retail promotions, seminars, advertising and social media management. The successful individual will manage California Wines social media channels and the Digital agency/community manager and is responsible for coordinating the monthly editorial calendars.
We are currently seeking a well-organized individual, with superb communications skills both verbal and written to assist with the administration and organizing of these events and activities.
- Manage social media community manager at 3rd party digital agency, develop monthly editorial calendars with engaging content that meets objectives set for engagement, impressions and increase to follower base.
- Manage the creation and deployment of visual assets such as video, still photography, and recipe photo shoots to support social media through third party agency. This includes developing creative briefs, soliciting member wineries for participation for wine features, managing photo shoots and production of high-quality assets that are in keeping with brand California wines.
- Create participation collection forms, reports and summaries outlining event/advertising winery participation and following up with wineries or agents to secure required assets and information (Jot Forms).
- Website management and updates when required across digital platforms (www.discovercaliforniawines.com, www.calwines.ca).
- Through Constant Contact, manage various agent/trade and consumer databases and create communication campaigns monitoring and responding as required to open and
- Manage event registration set up with 3rd party apps such as Eventbrite, manage and track ticket sales and reporting.
- Prepare and print where required, signage and event related materials.
- Co-ordinate advertising and sponsored content participation and artwork approval across agents and member wineries ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manage winery and agent participation across all events and activities ensuring clear communication of responsibilities, providing clear direction and deadlines along with required follow up to ensure deadlines are met.
- This includes California Wines organized and 3rd party events such as the Vancouver International Wine Fesitval or the Winnipeg Wine Festival.
- Provide administrative support to manage invoicing and follow up for winery participation fees by event/activity and to provide required documentation to pay vendors.
- Oversee winery shipping consolidation and freight forwarding along with provision of diplomatic paperwork requirements for events ensuring wines arrive to venues on time.
- Coordinate our participation in 3rd party trade and consumer shows.
- Assist the Canadian Director in the overall coordination of events and activities.
- Contractor will supply/use their own tools, ie. computer/printer/cell phone.
- Participate in weekly meetings and work closely with other team members when needed.
- In addition, administrative support is required for several other marketing-related activities throughout the year that are managed by this organization.
- A collaborative team partner with strong organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail and accuracy to meet deadlines
- Motivated self-starter with positive attitude and ability to easily adapt to changing priorities and direction
- Strong verbal/written communication and interpersonal skills—ability to follow up with our agency and winery partners to move programs forward
- Strong sense of priority with ability to multitask in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with minimal supervision
- Event coordination experience including on-site event management, assistance with registration, event set up and tear down
- Strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook), Jot Forms, Constant Contact or other similar contact management software, overall the ability to quickly learn and adapt to
new software systems including a proprietary wine event system called Bottlebooks
- Working knowledge of adobe illustrator, Eventbrite 3rd party ticketing and registration application, contact management systems such as Constant Contact, google smart sheets
- Experience with WordPress and basic website design/development
- Some basic financial acumen and understanding of accounting/ invoicing / budgets
- Skills with Adobe Illustrator or other design and publishing tools is a definite asset
- Must be available for some travel in Canada when required
- Ability to lift 35 lb/ 15kg. case of wine
The position will occasionally require the availability to work flexible hours and weekends to prepare for and attend pre-scheduled special events and wine festivals.
Competitive Salary commensurate with experience.
This is a full time contract with estimated average of 35hours per week. Contractor is responsible for the provision of their own equipment such as mobile phone, laptop or computer, and printer. etc.
Successful candidate will be an independent contractor and responsible for own remittance of all government taxes, Employment Insurance. There are no benefits or vacation pay as this role is an independent contractor.
Expenses for approved travel and attendance at events will be reimbursed with the provision of the required documentation and receipts along with prior approval obtained from the Director.
How to Apply:
This is a formal request for proposal, we ask interested candidates to submit a 1 page summary of why they are qualified for the role along with a resume and 2 references
Deadline to apply: August 21 2022.
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Wine Institute of California, established in 1934, is a San Francisco-based trade association of 1,400 California wineries and affiliated businesses dedicated to initiating and advocating public policy to enhance the environment for the responsible consumption and enjoyment of wine. The Canadian office, based in Toronto, Ontario, coordinates a number of promotional activities every year designed to educate and inform media, trade and consumers about the quality and diversity of products available from California.